Export to Russia and the EAC marking
Are you a manufacturer and do you want to place industrial equipment or consumer products on the Russian market? In this case you must comply with the relevant Technical Regulations (TR CU) set by EAEU member states after which you may affix the EAC mark (EurAsian Conformity Mark) to your product. The following countries are member states of the EuroAsian Economic Union (EAEU):
The TR CU Regulations
The EAC certification is performed in accordance with the TR CU (Technical Regulations-Customs Union) regulations, in order to ensure compliance with technical, quality, and safety standards. The TR CU Certification is mandatory for almost any industrial, electronic or consumer product imported into Russia.
There are various TR CU directives to be taken into account, but the most common directives in the industrial sector are:
- TR 004: Low Voltage Equipment
- TR 010: Machinery and Equipment
- TR 012: Equipment for potentially explosive atmospheres
- TR 020: EMC (electromagnetic compatibility of technical devices)
- TR 032: Pressure Equipment
The EAC conformity documents
Depending on the type of product you wish to place on the Russian market, you must meet the requirements of a specific Technical Regulation procedure and perform the accompanying conformity assessment procedure. Furthermore, in Russia certificates and declarations must be registered by the Federal Service for Accreditation and published on its official website. The EAC Certificates and Declarations both confirm that your products meet the requirements of the relevant Technical Regulations.
There are two types of conformity documents:
- EAC Certificates are issued for high risk products;
- This conformity procedure is usually more complex than the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) procedure and requires, among others, a quality assessment by a Certification Body, aside from technical documentations, testing by accredited test laboratories, and on-site audits;
- A Certification Body, situated in one of the EAEU member states, draws up the EAC Certificate of Conformity on a forge-proof form and validates this document by placing its signature and stamp.
Do you manufacture and export serial products? Then you will benefit from a certificate with a validity of 5 years, enabling you to affix an EAC marking to your product.
We will assist you from A to Z
Our experts at Certification Company will be able to assist you from A to Z during the entire certification procedure for your product: compiling documents; determining technical specifications; compiling the technical documentation, or arranging the customs formalities. We will guide you through the whole process. An additional benefit is that we speak Russian and are fully acquainted with the cultural standards and values of the EAEU member states, which greatly facilitates the whole procedure.