What is a CE Declaration of Conformity?
Date: 29.03.2018 (from Certification Company)
A CE Declaration of Conformity (also called a CE Certificate, EC Declaration of Conformity or EU Declaration of Conformity) is the document that shows that the product complies with the applicable legislation.
By drawing up and signing the CE Declaration of Conformity, the manufacturer becomes responsible for the conformity of the product.
As the Technical Documentation, the CE Declaration of Conformity must be kept for a period of ten years from the date the product was placed on the market. This is the responsibility of the manufacturer or the authorized representative established in EU to keep the CE Declaration of Conformity. If the products are imported, the importer must take responsibility for the CE Declaration of Conformity.
The CE Declaration of Conformity shall have the model structure set out in Annex III of EU Decision No 768/2008/EC or a model declaration attached directly to the relevant EU harmonization legislation.
The model structure in Decision No 768/2008/EC includes:
- An identification number of the product; this number does not have to be unique for each product. It can refer to a product, batch, type or series;
- The name and address of the manufacturer or authorized representative who has drawn up the CE Declaration of Conformity;
- A statement that the CE Declaration of Conformity is issued under the full responsibility of the manufacturer;
- A description on the basis of which the product can be traced; this basically includes all relevant information on top of the information mentioned in point 1 describing the product and allowing it to be traced.
- All relevant EU harmonization legislation that has been met and the standards with their references or other technical specifications (such as national technical standards and specifications) in a precise, complete and clear manner;
- The name and identification number of the Notified Body if it was involved in the conformity assessment procedure;
- The date of issue of the CE Declaration of Conformity; the signature and job description or equivalent identification of the authorized person.
If several product requirements apply to a product, the manufacturer or the authorized representative must issue one unique CE Declaration of Conformity.
The CE Declaration of Conformity must be made available on request to the relevant market surveillance authority.
The CE Declaration of Conformity must be translated into the language or languages required by the EU Member State where the product is placed on the market.
For more information about the CE Declaration of Conformity, please contact one of our specialists by phone: +31 (0) 36 202 4012 or by e-mail.
FILL IN THE CONTACT FORM
<< Back to All Questions