EAC – the marking for Russia and EAEU countries
Before affixing an EAC marking the product must be in conformity with the relevant technical EAC regulations and must be accompanied by an EAC Declaration or an EAC Certificate.
- Declarations are issued for products with a low or medium risk (e.g. electrical equipment, certain types of industrial machines/installations, toys, etc.);
- Certificates are issued for produces with a high risk (e.g. products intended for use in an ATEX environment, pressure equipment with a high design pressure, and specific industrial machines/installations). In case of a certificate it is often necessary to carry out an on-site audit. It is also mandatory to test the product in Russia or in one of the EAEU member states.
Whether or not a product requires an EAC declaration or an EAC certificate, will be determined by the conformity assessment procedures defined by the relevant technical regulations (TR CR: Technical Regulations of Custom Union), and by the HS code assigned to the product. It is important to mention that the classification will be carried out in accordance with the Russian HS codes, considering that these codes differ from the European HS-codes.
Applications for an EAC declaration or certificate can only be submitted by a manufacturer who is based within the EAEU (and otherwise by an authorized representative within the EAEU). For this particular purpose Certification Company has enlisted the services of a reliable and experienced partner who is capable of handling the entire application procedure on your behalf.
Furthermore, Certification Company employs staff with a good command of both the Dutch as well as the Russian language, which means we can offer you a unique service and fully perform the entire EAC certification procedure on your behalf.
Besides obtaining the EAC marking, we are able to translate all the necessary documentation into the Russian language, and we also maintain direct contact with both the local Russian authorities as well as the representatives in the Netherlands (at the Russian embassy or consulate), in case there are any questions regarding the application and implementation of the EAC product legislation.
EAC marking is mandatory for the following product categories:
- Industrial machines & installations (TR CU 010/2011);
- Electrical equipment (low voltage, EMC & (as of 1 March 2020) RoHS; domestic as well as industrial equipment (TR CU 004/2011, TR CU 020/2011 & TR CU 037/2016);
- Equipment intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX) (TR CU 012/2011);
- Pressure equipment (TR CU 032/2013);
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (TR CU 019/2011);
- Toys and children’s accessories (TR CU 007/2011 & TR CU 008/2011);
- Furniture (TR CU 025/2012).
Six steps to EAC marking
- Classification of the product in accordance with the applicable TR CU Directive(s);
- Determine the relevant conformity procedure (EAC Declaration or EAC Certificate);
- Compile the necessary technical documentation (including, among others, a technical passport, safety justification, safety information, test reports, etc.);
- Verify technical documentation (and, if necessary, translate these into Russian);
- If necessary, carry out on-site audits and/or additional product tests in Russia;
- Draw up a declaration and/or certificate and affix the EAC marking.
What are the costs of an EAC marking?
The costs of an EAC conformity procedure depend on both the classification of the product on the one hand, and on the application of one or more EAC Directives on the other. Based on general product information and currently available documentation it is most possible for us to send you a quote on the execution of the certification procedure within 2 working days.